- For Chanel’s Fall 2015 show, Karl Lagerfeld sent out every model in the same beige slingback shoe with black cap toes and bold sensible three inch heels. The look was totally Parisian and confident.
- Flattering pinks were present on nearly every runway, from bridesmaid’s blush to a hothouse orchid. Conversely, to name just a few colors, red, marigold, red and green, silver, neutrals, neons, pale blue and black and white were shown in many of the collections. Nothing was too busy for spring and summer 2016 fashions.
- Alexander Wang showed flats that can carry you throughout the day without having to visit your podiatrist! Additionally, we saw shoes that were dainty and/or sturdy so you can’t go wrong with your shoe choices.
- Bracelets are bigger and bolder as are handbags. Accessories are the least expensive way to give your wardrobe a fashion facelift. Turbans and headwraps were another accessory making an appearance this year on the runway. There is ample hair jewelry in nearly every store with glittering rhinestones that are flattering to all ages.
- Skirts and dresses were in all lengths and even those that incorporate maxi, mini and midi, all in one!
- Gucci rummaged through the attic for its Fall ready-to-wear collection, showing chunky, heirloom-style dinner rings alongside fragile dresses and floral suits. There wasn’t a real pearl or stone in the bunch. Fashion jewelry (costume jewelry) is big this fall season.
We think Donna Karan summed it up by saying “It’s not about the fashion designer anymore, but how the woman pulls herself together – she becomes her own designer.”