The annual special issue (October) of Allure’s “Best of Beauty” is without doubt, the best resource for what’s new and what’s the BEST in skincare, cosmetics, body care, hair care, nail care and fragrances. We love everything about this issue and we want you to know how hard the Allure staff works on selecting the best 260 products of the year. Did you know that…..
- They tried enough tubes of mascara to coat the lashes of 8,778 people
- It took twelve weeks to test all the products, or about the time it takes for a tadpole to grow into a frog
- If you stocked your shower with all of the shampoo contenders, you’d be able to wash your hair once a day for 38 years
- The least expensive winning product costs 99 cents
- The most expensive winner will set you back $360
- You’d get 33,988 swipes of lipstick out of the long-lasting tubes in the running
ALLURE added some new terms to their beauty lexicon:
CUSHION COMPACT: A compact case that holds a porous sponge saturated with liquid makeup. They are almost totally mess-free and the lightweight makeup subtly tints cheeks or conceals blemishes and redness.
ESSENCE: A toner-like fluid that hydrates with hyaluronic acid or glycerin and enhances the absorption of other skin care products. In other words, it’s a toner that moisturizes your skin instead of drying it out.
MICELLAR WATER: A face cleansing solution made of purified water, hydrating ingredients, and mild surfactants. It doesn’t have to be rinsed off and is ideal for anyone with sensitive, dry or acne-prone skin.
Be sure to pick up your special issue and read about all the amazing products that will help you look and feel your best!