Top 15 Photo Posing Techniques
- Study fashion magazines and catalogues for posing ideas!
- Be natural and let your personality shine through!
- Poses should typically be soft and fluid – not stiff and please, no poses showing your arm pits
- Know your body
- Practice in the mirror
- Are your clothes falling naturally and smoothly?
- What’s your best angle?
- How is your posture?
- What is your facial expression? Don’t use a big smile for every pose. Try a small smile, a laugh or a pout to give some facial variety.
- Breathe naturally – don’t hold your breath!
- Basic poses
- Basic Model Stance
- Sports Stance (legs wide)
- Broken Line (head cocked to the side)
- Curved Line (like the letter “c”)
- Vertical Line (straight)
- Copy a pose from a magazine and make small changes to it! Reposition an arm or leg, turn the head; bend, stretch or twist the body, etc. Try several and find the pose that you are most comfortable with.
- PRACTICE makes perfect! The more you practice the more confidence you will develop where the poses will feel natural.
- Listen to what the photographer tells you! He/she can see you through the camera. You can’t!
- Don’t always look straight at the camera. Instead, use a variety of head and eye positions.
- Rest most of your weight on one foot or the other instead of evenly on both feet. Doing so makes poses look less artificial and gives a slimming effect in most poses.
- Keep your chin up to avoid a double chin look
- Be sure to keep your hair off your face!
- In full body shots, keep a 45 degree angle to the camera
This entry was posted in Fashion
and tagged beauty trends
, fashion beauty
, john casablancas
, modeling career
, photo shoot
, study fashion
. Bookmark the permalink