Know what Lines Accentuate Your Body
- Vertical strips or monochromatic colors lengthen and slenderize.
- Asymmetrical or diagonal lines lengthen and slenderize and are flattering on any figure.
- Horizontal stripes and contrasting colors are only for tall and thin. This reduces the illusion of height and gives emphasis on the width.
- Double-breasted or multiple pleats are only for tall and thin, they both make us look bigger.
- Multiple checks, plaid, or bold prints are only for the tall and thin, as they call attention to surrounding areas.
- Horizontal lines above the waist look best on shorter people.
- Skirts wide at the hemline make legs look smaller; skirts narrow at the hemline makes legs look larger.