Today’s pomades are light and super versatile. You can lightly apply pomade to a ponytail or even straight hair before going in the sun, wind, salt water or the pool. Allure says it’s like Chapstick for the hair! Create instant highlights with a shimmery pomade or to simply keep a braid in place.
In fashion, the term ombre refers to the graduation of color. It applies to a garment, nails, hair or accessories. Ombre nails are a huge trend now and there are lots of DIY videos online that will teach you how to do your own ombre manicure without going to the nail salon.
A concept (an idea) for a commercial is formed in an advertising agency and the entire development of this idea may take as long as one year to complete. The ad agency supplies the Casting Director with a roughly sketched version of the commercial which is known as a storyboard. It includes information about the types of actors needed for the commercial (“the breakdown”). Once the Casting Director receives this information, the talent search is on. That means its audition time!
We LOVE Glamour’s Top Ten List of Wardrobe Essentials!
- Wardrobe Essential: a Plain White Tee: A plain white T-shirt is the fashion equivalent of guacamole: It goes with everything and makes it all a lot better.
- Wardrobe Essential: Black Leggings: Whether you wear them as pants with an oversize sweater, under billowy dresses for extra coverage, or kicking around running errands, black leggings are a must-have.
- Wardrobe Essential: Ballet Flats: Chicer than sneakers and more comfy than heels, ballet flats are the best of both worlds.
- Wardrobe Essential: a Skin-Tone-Matching Cami: A skin-tone-matching cami is about as basic as it gets. Layer it under sheer blouses or dresses to avoid overexposure.
- Wardrobe Essential: a Black Cardigan: Black cardigans are season less, timeless, and effortlessly chic. Keep one under your desk for aggressive air-conditioning, or wear it over a sexy dress on a night out for a hint of sexy librarian.
- Wardrobe Essential: Classic Pumps: Stock your closet with a great basic, goes-with-everything pair of heels and we promise you’ll wear them to death. We are fond of nude pumps!
- Wardrobe Essential: Dark Denim: Flattering and timeless, a great pair of dark jeans can do wonders for any woman’s wardrobe.
- Wardrobe Essential: a White Blouse: Nothing says “I have my act together” like a crisp white shirt.
- Wardrobe Essential: a Little Black Dress: When you find the perfect LBD…buy two!
- Wardrobe Essential: Classic Black Pants: On the weekend they’re rock ‘n’ roll cool and during the week they’re totally office-chic. Black pants are also slimming – as if you need another reason to pick up a pair.
So you think you know how to apply mascara? OK, you probably do. But there are still pitfalls to avoid!
PILING ON 50 COATS: Most mascaras are only meant to be layered twice. When you put mascara on top of a stiff coat, it’s going to clump and look spidery.
PUMPING THE WAND: All that extra air in the tube causes clumps and flakes!
HOLDING ON TO IT: If you can’t remember when you purchased your mascara, toss it! Germs that grow in mascara can cause redness, itchiness and even sties or pinkeye.
EXPOSED ROOTS: If you wiggle your mascara at the base of your lashes, you get a gold star! If not, start doing it.
TOO MUCH MUSCLE: If you press too hard at the base you get brush marks on your upper or lower lids. Clean up mistakes with a Q-tip dipped in makeup remover.
A teleprompter is used to display text in front of a video camera. It allows a person to look directly into the camera while still being able to read notes or a script.
Teleprompters are often used in newsrooms and other professional video settings where a presenter must talk for long periods without looking away from the camera.
The spring runway shows really highlighted ‘wearable hairstyles’. Ponytails were shown low and wide, braids were crisscrossed in different directions and hair tightly pulled back and tied in a low knot. In other words, hairstyles we can do ourselves without a hairdresser! Hair accessories showed flowers, sporty bands and lots of color!
Didn’t get ten hours of sleep last night? According to ALLURE, don’t worry—rest isn’t the only remedy for dark circles and puffy eyes. Start with a depuffing gel (Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller Gel shrinks bags fast), and then camouflage dark under eye circles by patting on a creamy concealer, like Neutrogena Healthy Skin Brightening Eye Perfector, and no one will be the wiser. Your bags will be sent packing!