For all fashionistas who wait every month for their fashion magazines to arrive in the mail, you won’t believe Carine Roitfeld’s (former French VOGUE editor) new magazine, CR Fashion Book that makes its much anticipated debut!
If that isn’t enough, Carine launched www.CRFashionBook.com so that she can share, in real time, everything that inspires her; from fashion show images to new designers to makeup artists! We got a sneak peek of a few of the magazines photos – talk about edgy! We can’t wait!!!!
“Walla” is a strangely named job for actors who provide background noises in movies and TV shows. Imagine a scene where two actors are sitting down and talking with each other. The background extras are instructed to walk around silently so the two actor’s dialogue can be heard and recorded on a clean track. Once the scene is ready for editing, it is projected on a screen in a specially designed recording studio so the background voices can be added. The “Walla” actors watch the screen and record voices for those extras moving around in the scene. Movie magic!
According to Forbes magazine and for the period May 2011 – May 2012, the world’s top five highest paid models are:
Gisele Bundchen - $ 45 million
Kate Moss - $ 9.2 million
Natalia Vodianova - $ 8.6 million
Adriana Lima - $ 7.3 million
Doutzen Kroes - $ 6.9 million
If you find your skin, going into the fall season, dry and dull and your moisturizer isn’t doing its job, check out ‘Le Edge’. It is an amazing exfoliator made from “higher than surgical grade steel.” The blade will slough off dead skin cells on your face and body making your skin softer and smoother.
The top wardrobe trends for fall are:
- Color blocking panel dresses
- Metallic jeans, jackets and pants
- Trench coats (we especially love the lace overlay version by the Kardashian Collection at Sears)
- Peplum jackets, dresses and suits (remember that a peplum style will make your torso look longer!)
As if the trendy, snug-fitting pants weren’t hard enough to pull off, it turns out that skinnies may cause nerve damage. “Too-tight pants can put pressure on the nerve in the pelvis, causing painful burning and tingling in your thigh known as meralgia paresthetica,” says Orly Avitzur, M.D., M.B.A., a neurologist and medical advisor for Consumer Reports. “Fortunately, it won’t hurt the muscle or cause long-term damage, but it can be quite painful and interfere with quality of life.” So how do you know if your skinny jeans are too skinny? “If your pants are difficult to get into or move in or zip up, they may cause health problems,” says Avitzur. Now you have a perfect excuse to rock those new trouser jeans!..(GLO ONLINE, 07-11-12)
Beauty balms first made their appearance in Asia where some of the finest skin care and cosmetic products originated. Now, the balms are available in the United States and we can’t rave enough about them!
If you are looking for ONE miracle product that will cover minor imperfections, brighten and even your skin tone, smooth, hydrate and protect with a SPF, beauty balm is for you. Balms provide super lightweight coverage for a flawless finish to your skin.
We especially love the Maybelline DREAM FRESH BB 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Protector, available in 5 different skin tones, at all drug stores for less than $9.00!
If you are like us, we have too many credit cards, store membership cards, discount cards, airline and hotel cards, etc! All those cards are simply too much for our wallet. We recommend cleaning out your wallet except for your driver’s license and bank debit card and store the rest in an aluminum credit card case (7 sleeves that will hold 14 cards) OR, our favorite is a regular business card holder (60 sleeves with 3 sleeves to a page). Any big chain office supply store carries both items. You will love having a slim wallet and being 100% organized with your cards!
If you love mixing floral prints and other patterns, its best to generally select pieces that are of the same color family. Remember, you can wear floral prints with checks or stripes too! Although you can mix bright bold colors with muted subtle colors, we love the trip down our childhood memory lane with the monochromatic muted trend!
Make sure you aren’t guilty of the following fashion don’ts!
- Wardrobe Malfunctions: Bra straps, panty lines, socks with sandals, exposed buttocks, too large armholes where the breast is showing, micro-minis and too much cleavage!
- Shrimp Cocktail Toes: PLEASE make sure your shoes fit properly so your toes don’t hang over the front of the shoe!
- Whale Tales : This is when the top of a thong is exposed over the waistline which makes it look like a ‘whale tale’. Make sure when you lean down that your thong isn’t showing!
- Muffin Top: This is what happens when wearing tight fitted low-rise pants with a too tight fitted top. This is VERY unattractive.
- Plumber’s Butt: This isn’t exclusive to men – ladies are guilty too! This happens when you wear low-riding pants and you bend, kneel or squat.
- Wrinkled Clothing – Take your clothes out of the dryer before the dryer cycle ends or learn how to iron or send your clothes to the dry cleaners. Wearing wrinkled clothes sends the message that you are lazy and don’t care about your appearance!
- Transparent Blouses: We don’t care how beautiful your bra is, don’t show it through a see-through blouse. It is better (and less awkward for those looking at you) to wear a beautiful camisole instead.
- Wearing The Wrong Size: If you are a size 10 and insist on squeezing yourself into a size 8, you will actually look larger than your size 10. Wear the right size clothes because you will look better and definitely be more comfortable.
- Nail Polish – If you love wearing a color on your nails or toes, make sure it is flawless at all times. It is better to wear a clear polish than chipped polish.
- Eyebrows: Groom your brows every other day or get them waxed regularly (usually every two weeks). There is nothing beautiful about neglected eyebrows! We suggest Tweezerman’s new “Go Green” mini slant tweezers. For each hand-finished tool sold, the company will donate $1 to the National Arbor Day Foundation.