- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
Most actors have their own unique approach to memorizing monologues. One tip is to handwrite your monologue. The time it takes to write out each word will definitely burn the words into your mind. A few hours of doing this, over and over, will ensure you remember your lines!
Vaseline can create the illusion of moisturized, hydrated skin, all the while clogging and suffocating your pores! It’s water-repellent and not water-soluble, meaning it seals your skin so that moisture does not leave your skin. In reality, you are drying out your pores by keeping out air and moisture. The thick texture makes it difficult to cleanse from the skin. Slathering Vaseline on your unwashed face will cause breakouts because it essentially seals in the dirt. Opt instead for more natural alternatives with products containing beeswax, coconut oil, olive oil, shea butter and cocoa butter.
- Start with a facial – it can be a DIY facial or a professional salon facial.
- Make sure to exfoliate on a regular basis. Use only products for your skin type and be gentle.
- Moisturize, moisturize and moisturize!
- Let your skin breathe. If you are at home don’t wear makeup.
- Get plenty of rest and be sure to drink enough water so you are hydrated.
- Be sure to wash your face before going to bed and again, moisturize.
- Don’t wear yellow-based products. It will make your skin look sallow.
- If your lips are chapped, gentle rub across your lips with your toothbrush and then apply a super rich moisturizer. Don’t use Vaseline!
- To make eyes sparkle, carefully line the inner bottom rim of your eye with a white eye PENCIL. Do not use liquid eyeliner!
- Pale pink or peach blush does wonder to brighten up your face – use in moderation!
- You don’t need to spend a lot of money to look fabulous at holiday parties
- All stores sell party dresses year round. Keep your eyes open for a great deal and simply store the dress for later in the year.
- Holidays are the time to sparkle and shine – look festive
- Buy a basic black skirt, dress or slacks – dress them up by interchanging jackets, blouses or sweaters
- Satins and velvets in bold, jewel tone colors are dramatic and glamorous
- Bring out your bold jewelry – remember if you wear one big piece, go small somewhere else
- Take a basic black fabric heel and embellish with clip on rhinestone or faux jeweled earrings or small jeweled appliqués
- Remember your hand bag – small and smaller are required. You can find great buys at the discount stores in all shapes and colors
- You will want to go more bolder than you normally do. If you opt for dramatic, metallic eye makeup, remember to go with a more natural, toned down color on your lip. If you go with a red lip, tone down your eye makeup.
- Make sure to get rest during the holiday season, hydrate and enjoy!
Do you volunteer your time and energy within the community?
Do you donate food to your local food bank?
Do you serve food at a homeless shelter?
Did you collect winter coats and gloves for the homeless?
Do you spend time with someone too sick to leave their home?
Do you help an elderly neighbor or family member with something they can’t do?
Do you give to a charity?
Do you write notes of encouragement to those who need their spirits lifted?
Big or small, we would love to hear what you are doing!
CLEAN OUT THE LINT TRAP AT THE BACK OF YOUR BLOW DRYER. A CLEAN LINT TRAP WILL KEEP THE AIR FLOWING INTO THE DRYER AND BLOW OUT AT FULL FORCE, MAKING THE PROCESS SHORTER!
For those with thinning or bare brows, the daily chore of penciling in can be a hassle — not to mention a mess during sweaty summer months. Try simplifying your approach with Blinkies semi-permanent eyebrow tattoos. The rub-on appliqués have the look of real hairs and can last up to several days. ($4.99 AT blinkieseyebrows.com)
TO KEEP YOUR MANICURE CHIP FREE, RUN YOUR NAIL POLISH OR TOPCOAT BRUSH ALONG THE EDGE OF YOUR NAIL TO SEAL IT!
One of our favorite cost effective beauty tips is recycling our leftover lipstick. You can use them for blush…just put a small amount of red or pink lipstick on your cheek and blend with your finger. Viola – Instant natural looking blush!