The Do’s and Don’ts of Wearing High Heels
THE BEST WAY TO KILL FOOT PAIN IS TO NOT WEAR HIGH HEELS. BUT IF YOU INSIST FOLLOW THIS IMPORTANT DO AND DON’TS FOR WEARING HEELS:
- Buy heels late in the day and not in the morning. Your feet are swollen in the morning so you won’t get as good a fit unless you wait until later in the afternoon.
- Don’t wear heels higher than 3” for long periods of time. The ideal heel height is 2-3”.
- Make sure to get your feet measured on a regular basis so that you are wearing the correct size shoe.
- If your feet are swollen or painful, soak your feet in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Don’t wear pencil-thin heels or straps that cut into your feet! This can cause serious heel, calf, hip and lower back problems.
- Wear leather heels because leather expands and lets your feet breathe.
- DON’T wear plastic shoes because your feet will sweat and you can develop a nasty rash!