TOP TEN FASHION POLICE ALERTS
Make sure you aren’t guilty of the following fashion don’ts!
- Wardrobe Malfunctions: Bra straps, panty lines, socks with sandals, exposed buttocks, too large armholes where the breast is showing, micro-minis and too much cleavage!
- Shrimp Cocktail Toes: PLEASE make sure your shoes fit properly so your toes don’t hang over the front of the shoe!
- Whale Tales : This is when the top of a thong is exposed over the waistline which makes it look like a ‘whale tale’. Make sure when you lean down that your thong isn’t showing!
- Muffin Top: This is what happens when wearing tight fitted low-rise pants with a too tight fitted top. This is VERY unattractive.
- Plumber’s Butt: This isn’t exclusive to men – ladies are guilty too! This happens when you wear low-riding pants and you bend, kneel or squat.
- Wrinkled Clothing – Take your clothes out of the dryer before the dryer cycle ends or learn how to iron or send your clothes to the dry cleaners. Wearing wrinkled clothes sends the message that you are lazy and don’t care about your appearance!
- Transparent Blouses: We don’t care how beautiful your bra is, don’t show it through a see-through blouse. It is better (and less awkward for those looking at you) to wear a beautiful camisole instead.
- Wearing The Wrong Size: If you are a size 10 and insist on squeezing yourself into a size 8, you will actually look larger than your size 10. Wear the right size clothes because you will look better and definitely be more comfortable.
- Nail Polish – If you love wearing a color on your nails or toes, make sure it is flawless at all times. It is better to wear a clear polish than chipped polish.
- Eyebrows: Groom your brows every other day or get them waxed regularly (usually every two weeks). There is nothing beautiful about neglected eyebrows! We suggest Tweezerman’s new “Go Green” mini slant tweezers. For each hand-finished tool sold, the company will donate $1 to the National Arbor Day Foundation.