How To Dress For A Modeling Audition

How to dress for a model auditionA model’s appearance is everything in the modeling industry! Agents, managers and designers prefer to see a model in his/her most natural state. In other words, what you are and not what you could be.

A clean and moisturized face is a winning look. If you decide to wear makeup make sure your foundation is lightly applied, a bit of mascara and blush and a natural shade of lip gloss only. Remember that the decision makers want to see what you really look like!

Hair should be worn down and in its natural state. Whether your hair is curly or straight make sure you don’t have any frizz. Remember to keep your hair off your face during the audition.

Clothing must be simple, clean and form fitting. Don’t wear anything distracting because you want all eyes on you and not your outfit. Jeans – fitted or skinny and in dark denim is best. A simple top –tank top or simple tee or a fitted white shirt is best. Please, no cleavage! Black stilettos will give you extra height and make your legs look longer.

Jewelry should be kept at a serious minimum. Stud earrings and a watch will be the most you will want to wear. Again, remember that you don’t want your jewelry to distract from YOU!

Get a good night’s rest and wrap everything up with a smile, confidence and excellent body language and you’ll be set for a successful audition experience

This entry was posted in Fashion, Keys to Success, Modeling and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to How To Dress For A Modeling Audition

1. OMG THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPEN!!!!!!!!

2. viviana says:

my mom said i had to were a lot of makeup but now i can show her that i was right and that i dont nead a lot of make up or were fansy cloths to the auditions

3. kati says:

I’m a big girl and i have a modeling shoot Sunday. What should i wear? I’m thinking a dress and high heels?

4. kylah says:

so this weekend July 13 i have a interview with my modeling agent and now all i have to do is be myself … hope it goes good :)

5. Lee Fowler says:

Just checking out the site. I have an Audition on Monday..

Thanks Lee

6. Hana says:

Thank you for making this article! I have a hair-model audition next week and I had no idea what to wear.

7. majo says:

I have a casting next week sunday! Hope I qualify#thanks lee#muaah!

8. katy says:

This is great! I love this advice. Thanks sooo much!!!!

9. Alexandria says:

You could also wear shorts and make sure you’ve shaved and have your hair if it is straight at it’s straightest and if it’s curly at its curliest and stand up our sit straight! And remember every movement is a potential pose so while you’re sitting there or standing there look good doing it and always have a wonderful personality yes ma’am and no ma’am this like that sound intelligent use big words!I hope this helps ;-)